Saturday, November 29, 2014

Grateful for You!

Where have I been?  It's been a few days since I've had time to sit down to post, and I apologize.  I had a fun Christmas card class last weekend that kept me busy, and then went right into Thanksgiving preparations, without a moment to breathe.  So here is one final Thank You post, and then tomorrow, I'll be jumping into the Christmas holidays.

As a little thank you to my supervisor staff at my "real" job, I had picked up some pretty coasters while visiting Cape Cod last month.  Now the coasters were lovely, but of course, I HAD to put them in a pretty package!  So, pulling out my trusty (and favorite new tool) Gift Box Punch Board, I created a set of boxes:


This punch board makes a variety of differently-sized boxes, from itty-bitty (think jewelry) to a perfect cupcake-size 4" x 4".  I chose a 1-1/2" x 4" box.

The boxes have interlocking tabs (there's a "reverse punch" on the top of the punch board that makes these); here is a photo with the inside tabs closed;
And here is the box closed up.  So cute!  I made these out of the extra-heavy card stock, Under the Tree Specialty Designer Paper.  It's like a lightweight cardboard, and makes a beautiful, sturdy box.

Using this cardstock means there is little decorating involved--just a pretty tag and a tie, and I'm done.  I stamped the "chart" from The Open Sea, and adhered it to my tag (using the Scalloped Tag Topper punch).  Then I stamped the anchor from the same set (after stamping off once) and added the sentiment from For All Things on top.  I used the oval framelits to make the next layer and adhered this on the tag.  Finally I created a shell:

A fun trick I experimented with during the creation of my Convention swaps last summer--I took the shell stamp from By the Tide, inked it with Versamark, and stamped it onto a flattened piece of the Simply Pressed Clay.  After it dries, you can just cut it out with craft scissors.  It was then applied to the tag with Glue Dots.

So what do you think?  Isn't this a pretty way to give a gift?


All items used can be purchased here.

What have you created today?







No comments: