Saturday, October 6, 2018

It's Beginning to Feel a Little Bit Like Christmas!

No, I am NOT one of those people who start decorating for the holidays on September 1.  Nor do I start my Christmas shopping in July.  I like one holiday at a time, thank you very much.

But...

Who can resist playing with new stamps and dies?  Not ME!

So, here is a card I made for a team swap last week.  I was so excited to play with Peaceful Poinsettia stamps and the Detailed Poinsettia Thinlits Dies, (save 10% by purchasing the bundle) and this is what I made:


Can I tell you how much I love this?

And it's a fairly simple card to make.  Let's break it down:

1.  The card base is Merry Merlot, cut 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored/folded at 4-1/4" 
2.  Layer number two (from the bottom) is Mossy Meadow, cut  5-1/4" X 4"
3.  On top of that is a Very Vanilla piece, cut, 5-1/8" x 3-7/8", so just a teeny bit of the Mossy Meadow shows
4.  Another layer of Mossy Meadow - 4-7/8" x 3-5/8"
5.  Then a piece of Joyous Noel Specialty Designer Series Paper, cut at 4-5/8" x 3-1/2"


6.  Before laying my layers on the card base, I wrapped a piece of the beautiful Merry Merlot and Copper 5/8" Reversible Ribbon around it.

7.  The stamping was done using Merry Merlot ink on Very Vanilla cardstock.  It's cut using the Stitched Shapes dies and adhered with SNAIL adhesive


8.  Look at that shine!  I cut the poinsettia flower with the dies; one solid flower with Merry Merlot cardstock and the outlined image with the Merry Merlot color of Joyous Noel 6" x 6" Glimmer Paper - fabulous!  Using the Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets made it easy to adhere it to the cardstock flower.  Then it was popped up with Dimensionals.

9.  Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels were placed in the center of the flower, using my Take Your Pick tool (you really NEED one of these!)

10. And I finished off the card with a little holly sprig from the same stamp set, colored with Stampin' Blends and cut with the dies.  I also added some Wink of Stella to give a little more sparkle.


So what do you think?  Are you beginning to look forward to a little Christmas?

I've got many more samples to show you over the coming days, so check back in and see what else I've been playing with.  

And if you want to start your own holiday cards, I'm including a list of supplies; just click on a photo and go straight to my online store.  I truly appreciate your business and would love to be your Stampin' UP! demonstrator.

Thanks for stopping by!


Product List




No comments: