Sunday, January 29, 2017

Nailed It!

During a Prize Patrol at the Stampin' UP! conference in November, I won this stamp set, Nailed It.  I knew it would be perfect to use for cards for my boys, but I really wanted to get the matching framelits, and had to wait until I could pre-order.  Then I placed my order and got so many cute, new products, that this set sat for awhile.  But no longer...

How cute is that?!!

I wasn't sure where I was going with this card, but it just kind of evolved.  I thought about a carpenter's apron, and took Basic Black cardstock to begin.

Cutting my cardstock to 4-1/4" x 11" and scoring in the middle at 5-1/2", I used the Stitched Shapes framelits (ovals) to make "armholes".  Then, using the Urban Underground Specialty Designer Series Paper, I cut one piece to 4" x 5-1/4".  On the back side I traced the "armholes" and then placed my oval framelit right on top, cutting out matching ovals for the apron "arms".  I also saved one of the cutouts for my pocket.

A piece of Basic Black with two squares of DSP made a long apron pocket.  Those little rivets are the screws from the stamp set, inked in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and punched with a 1/4" punch.

And see those adorable tools?  The stamp set and framelits made it so easy.  I stamped, using Tuxedo Black ink, then colored using a Silver Copic Marker and my new Watercolor Pencils with a Blender Pen.  Then I simply cut them out with the framelits and placed the tools in the pocket.

And catch that cute little ruler in the upper pocket--that's also a framelit, cut with Silver Foil.

I just finished with a little loop of "vintage" 1/8" Black Taffeta Ribbon and this manly apron is ready to go!

Click on the image and enter my on-line store:


Product List

No comments: