Wednesday, January 25, 2017

High Tide

As soon as I saw the High Tide set in the Occasions catalog, I knew it was coming to my house.  Although I live in California, my heart is on Cape Cod (where my parents live, and I visit at least twice a year).  I love to visit the lighthouses on the Cape, and have many - MANY - photos of them.

So when this set came out, it was the first one I ordered.  Take a look:



My my, what a beautiful and simple card.  I was actually just playing with colors of the lighthouse, and loved it so much, I used the panel on my card.

The lighthouse is a two-step stamp; I stamped the first layer in Sahara Sand, and the second in Crumb Cake ink.  It was exactly what I was looking for.  And that NEVER happens, so I knew this card was a winner.



All of the elements came together--the sand, the sea grass, the water and the sky (which was sponged).  And such a nice sentiment!  All I had to do was add a card base (Early Espresso) and some Linen Thread, and my card was done!

High Tide is available now and is one of those sets that you'll keep forever.


Product List

No comments: