Friday, June 26, 2015

Build a Birthday

Here's a fun card for all ages--the darling shaker card:

This uses the new Build a Birthday--a very versatile and fun set.

I started with a Crushed Curry Base.  The next layer is Whisper White, run through the Big Shot with the Large Polka Dot Embossing Folder.

Now for the fun:
I took a piece of Cardstock Vellum, folded in half, and taped it closed (on three sides, to start) with Washi Tape.  Then I punched stars in Crushed Curry, Rich Razzleberry, Bermuda Bay and Basic Black, using the Confetti Stars Border Punch, and added them to my pouch, along with some Bermuda Bay and Gold Sequins.  Then I sealed up the top.

This was adhered to my card front using Multipurpose Glue.

My candles were stamped and snipped using Mambo Melon, Island Indigo and Cucumber Crush inks.  Then they were adhered with Dimensionals.  Finally a layer of Dazzling Details was spread on the candle flames (doesn't look so good here, but it's cute in real life!).

Voila!  A celebration in a card!

All products can be ordered here



No comments: