Sunday, April 12, 2015

Miss You!

I'm sad...
My daughter-in-law's parents have moved.  They used to live about 40 minutes from my home, and we often got together to share a meal and a laugh and enjoy our combined families.
Now they're gone...6  hours to the south.  I know we'll always be friends, but I miss them already.  So here's a card I made, using the Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch #139.  Here's the sketch:

Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch 139 #stampinup #papercraftcrew #papercrafts #cardchallenge

and here's my card:

Lots of retired goodies on this card, some of which I barely played with before they retired (darn that Sale-a-Bration! <grin>).

My base is Calypso Coral, with a layer of Whisper White.  I used the square framelits to cut my Crisp Cantaloupe square, and used the corner rounder on all four corners.  The top half was run through my Big Shot with the vintage Clouds embossing folder.

The houses (from You Brighten My Day) were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, and colored with the now-gone Blendabilities.  They were punched out with the What's Up punch.  I paper-snipped some grass from Wild Wasabi card stock.

My sun was double stamped--using the "sun" from So You, I first stamped it on the corner of my Whisper White Layer, and again on a piece from the Painted Blooms Designer Series Paper.  I snipped each ray, and added it to my card.  Finally, the sentiments from Just Sayin' and Holiday Home were stamped, cut (Word Bubbles) and punched (Banner Punch).  And three candy dots from the Subtles Collection kept me true to the sketch.

It makes me feel a little better to send this card to my friends...but not much...

What do you create when you're feeling blue?  Won't you leave me a comment and let me know?

Current products can be purchased here.





3 comments:

Crystal Komara said...

Hi Priscilla, oh what a fun card for a new home! I especially like how you added the sun element in the corner. A nice added touch to the sketch, but it completes the card, I think. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Craft Crew this week! Crystal

Jan said...

Such a lovely card for your friends Priscilla - so fun yet from the heart and am sure they will appreciate it. Love your softly coloured houses and the apt Word bubble. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Craft Crew this week :-)

Heidi Weaver said...

What a great looking card, Priscilla. Yes, six hours is a long way when you've become used to enjoying their company, but at least it's not an even longer distance. And the internet shrinks the distance these days. Love the colours you've used. Thanks for joining us for the Paper Craft Crew Challenge this week.