Friday, April 10, 2015

Just Kidding

When I saw this stamp set I laughed out loud.  I felt pretty silly, as I was sitting in a room full of people, sneaking a peek at my iPad.  I had gone to the Stampin' UP! home page and the Just Kidding set was being introduced.  I burst out laughing, and then had to confess to everyone what I was doing...a little embarrassing, but we all got a good laugh out of it.

So naturally, I HAD to have this set.  And the other day, I found the perfect excuse to use it.  A good friend and colleague had a birthday...need I mention that neither of us are spring chickens, nor are we skinny-minis?  This is her card:
I've never been one for cartoon-y stamps.  But this was such fun to color and the sentiments make you chuckle...look at the inside:
This card is a "folded-corner" card.  With some careful scoring, the top right corner folds over and creates a square on which to layer a stamped image.

The card base is a piece of Irresistibly Yours Designer Series Paper that was part of the Sale-a-Bration offerings.  I sponged it with an ombre look, using Marina Mist, Soft Sky and So Saffron inks.

And although not a perfect match, I ran the flap of the envelope through my Big Shot with the Fancy Fan embossing folder, dressing it up on the back. 

I can't wait to use this set again...

Want one of your own?  Order it here.  Remember that FREE shipping ends today!  Don't delay!
And get ready to LOL!









No comments: