Sunday, April 12, 2015

Love You More Than Chocolate

What?  No way...
Nothing trumps my chocolate.  But I must admit that this stamp set, Lovely Amazing You, has some great sentiments, and I was hooked.  (Not enough to give up my chocolate, though)

I was playing around with ideas for an anniversary card for my hubby, and this is one of the cards that evolved (I ended up using another; see it here).  But I do like how this came out, and I'm sure I'll use it for another occasion.



I started by scoring my Whisper White card stock layer at every 1 inch on my Simply Scored Scoring board, using the diagonal plate.  And I did it on the back side of the paper, so that it looks embossed.  I stamped the sentiment using Early Espresso ink on Whisper White card stock, and cut it out using the Hearts Collection framelits.  A second heart (Early Espresso) was cut and paper pierced, using the Occasions template pack and a paper piercing tool.

My card base is Early Espresso, with a layer of DSP from the Neutrals Paper Stack.  Little banners were cut using the DSP also, and adhered at the top.  "Love you" was stamped, using Banner Banter, and punched with the Banner Punch, and "I Heart You", from And Many More, was stamped and cut out using an arrow from the On Film Framelits.


The final touch was adding Pearls Basic Jewels, colored with an Early Espresso Blendability pen (sorry...I still have mine and am using them!) and added to each intersection of the diagonal score lines.


A nice card for expressing how much you love chocolate!  <grin>


All items can be purchased here.

What have you created today?

>

No comments: