Monday, December 15, 2014

White Christmas

White Christmas is a an adorable photopolymer set featured in the Stampin' UP! Holiday Catalog.  It was one of the first sets I knew I had to have, not only because of the snowman, but all the other pieces to make cute landscapes--and because it's photopolymer, I knew I could line everything up easily!
This is one of the cards we made at my Only Christmas Cards class:

Isn't that adorable?

Using a 1-3/8" square punch, we created a "window".  The scene is White Christmas--we stamped the trees/hill in Memento Tuxedo Black ink, and added the snowman.  I had created a mask for the hills and the snowman, so we could sponge Lost Lagoon ink over the sky.
Then we colored the hat, scarf and carrot nose with Blendabilities markers.

The card base is Whisper White, with a layer of Lost Lagoon (run through the Big Shot with Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder).  The we added our "scene", and finally popped our "window" on the top with Dimensionals.

Our sentiment was stamped on a 1/2" piece of Whisper White (LOVE that see-through photopolymer--so easy to line up the words), which was then flagged and added with Dimensionals.  A Rhinestone Basic Jewel was colored with Blendabilities for a little bling.

All items can be purchased here.

What have you created today?




1 comment:

Deborah Smart said...

I love your window scene, Priscilla! Thanks for sharing how you used the square punch for making the windows - I'm going to try this :)