Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Another Christmas Card (and some exciting news!)

I just got home from a special night.  Stampin' UP! held a very fun "new catalog reveal" party.  They live-streamed the actual event from Columbus, Ohio, but I got to sit with my friends in a theater here in California.  They actually rent out movie theaters all over the US and Canada, and 300 demonstrators attend in each location!  Woo hoo!  The new Occasions catalog is fantastic--I want it all!  And along with it is the new Sale-a-Bration (can you say FREE?) catalog...all the excitement starts January 6th (but I get to pre-order starting on Friday...another woo hoo!).  So watch for more information coming very soon.

In the meantime, I'll share another card that I created for my Only Christmas Cards class:

I love this card.  It starts with Postcard, stamped in Mossy Meadow on Very Vanilla.  The edges are sponged with Soft Suede.  Merry Christmas (from Good Greetings) was added.  This is mounted to a piece of Cherry Cobbler, and then to a Mossy Meadow card base.

The tree from Festival of Trees was stamped using Mossy Meadow, and without re-inking, was stamped twice on the front of the postcard.  The decorations were stamped in Versamark and heat-embossed with Gold Embossing Powder.  Then the tree was punched, using the Tree Punch and popped up with Dimensionals.  Finally a Gold Foil Sheet star was placed atop the tree.


The stamp from Postage Due was stamped in Mossy Meadow, punched with the Postage Stamp punch and sponged with Soft Suede.  And a bow of Burlap Ribbon threads was adhered with a Glue Dot.

Looks festive and vintage-y, yes?

All products can be ordered here.

What have you created today?


No comments: