Monday, December 8, 2014

Big News Baby

Here's a cute card idea for a baby shower/new baby card.  The Lullaby Designer Series Paper makes it easy to create a card for boys and girls.  A colleague of mine is having a baby in February, and we had a shower for her this weekend.  Here's my card:


The Something for Baby stamp set was not on my "must have" list when the new catalog first came out.  I don't have too many reasons to make baby cards, but I saw one of the included stamps (a tie!) and was hooked.  That tie became the focal point of my Father's Day Card (see it here).  And with the matching Baby' First Framelits, this is a great set to have.

Since my co-worker is having a girl, I used a Crisp Cantaloupe card base.  Then I picked four coordinating sheets from the DSP pack and built my card.  Each of the images were stamped on Whisper White card stock, then cut out using the framelits.  Don't you just love that onsie with the added bib and ruffle skirt (retired Crisp Cantaloupe ruffled ribbon).

The letters spelling "BABY" are the Little Letters dies--such a versatile set, and easy to use with the Magnetic Platform for the Big Shot.

Inside there's a special message, using Big News along with the Borderettes stamp (the little hearts at the top). 

I'm looking forward to meeting the new arrival...not too long now!

All items can be purchased here.

What have you created today?

No comments: