Wednesday, July 23, 2014

For the Bride-to-Be

My niece is getting married in a few short weeks, and there was a bridal shower for her last weekend.  Her sister did a marvelous job coordinating it all---it was perfectly lovely (and could have been a page in a Stampin' UP catalog!).

I made a card just for her:


I started with the hostess set, Bloom with Hope.  It has some beautiful floral images that are great for coloring with our new Blendabilities.  Stamping with Memento Black Ink (the best ink for coloring with alcohol-based markers) on Whisper White card stock, I colored the flowers using the Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight and Old Olive Blendabilities.  So pretty!

I then stamped an image from Daydream Medallions using Rich Razzleberry ink.  With my Circle Framelits, I cut a circle in the center of the medallion.  A window sheet was adhered to the back of the circle, and it was popped up over the flower image using Dimensionals.  This was all added to the card base of Rich Razzleberry.

I ran thin strips of Rich Razzleberry through the Big Shot using a "vintage" embossing folder with little cross-stitches.  These were adhered around the four sides of the card.

I then used our "vintage" thinlets from our last holiday catalog to cut out the word "love" with the new Dazzling Diamonds paper.  So pretty!
Of course I had to make a matching envelope:
And of course, some pearls were needed to dress up the corners and the medallion dots...such a feminine and pretty card!

What do you think?  Please leave a comment and let me know.

All items can be purchased here.

And let's get creating.


No comments: