Sunday, July 20, 2014

A Golden Birthday

Have you ever heard of a "Golden Birthday"?  I hadn't, but recently became aware of it when my granddaughter explained that she would be having her special day on the 12th--turning 12!  As she mentioned it MANY times, I got the hint (I'm only a little dense!) and knew just what I had to do to celebrate her once-in-a-lifetime occasion
.
I built an entire card front out of gold papers, mounted on a base of Whisper White.  The first layer is the beautiful Gold Foil Sheets, on top of which I highlighted four beautiful gold Specialty Papers:  Fancy Foil Designer Vellum (the polka dots and the hearts) and Gold Soiree (the stripes and the leaves). 

In order for the vellum papers to show their full effects, I mounted them on a same-size piece of Whisper White card stock.  This gave me the coordinated gold/white look that I wanted, going well with the white accents in the Gold Soiree papers.

I cut a circle of gold using my Circle Framelits, and then ran it through the Big Shot using the numbers from the File Tabs Edgelits.  This was popped up, using Dimensionals, on another piece of Gold Foil Sheet underneath, and a string of Gold Sequins were hung below.

I finished up with a knot of Gold 5/8" Satin Ribbon and some Gold Sequins randomly placed.  Shiny?  You bet!  But pretty and sophisticated too.

Needless to say, my granddaughter LOVED it and said she'd keep it forever!  So I think I did good! 

And of course, a matching envelope, adding a piece of the vellum to the flap of my Whisper White envelope. 

What do you think?  Won't you leave me a comment and let me know?

All items can be purchased here.

And let's get creating!

No comments: