Saturday, April 5, 2014

Fun Fold with a Belly Band

Yes!  I'm back!  I've spent a long week preparing for a BIG class over the past 2 days.  I held my first ever "Over the Top" class, showcasing three cards that I would NEVER attempt to make in a regular Card Club.  Lots of fun and a lotta work, but everyone enjoyed their "pushed to the limit" creativity.

I'll show you one of the cards we made later this week, but first, one more card from March birthdays:
This was a card we made last month (and I sent to my nephew).  It's a "Gatefold Card"--a fun and different card that still fits in a regular envelope.  A belly band holds it closed; slipped off you have:

To make this card, start with a piece of cardstock (I used Gumball Green) cut to 4" x 12".  Score along the long edge at 2", 4", 8", and 10".  Fold on the 4" line (as if you are closing a card) and then BACK on the 2" fold; repeat on the other side, folding on the 8" line (again, as if you are closing the card) and then back on the 10" mark.  This creates your "gate".
My front panels were decorated with Birthday Basics Designer Series Paper mounted on Summer Starfruit strips.  Inside, I stamped the sentiment from Perfect Pennants in Gumball Green, then stamped again on a scrap piece of Very Vanilla and punched out just the "a" with a 1/2" circle punch.  This was adhered over a little banner cut from Summer Starfruit and the Bitty Banners framelits

The card is kept closed with a belly band:

A strip of Gumball Green is placed under the card and brought up over the front.  By overlapping the front, the seam is hidden when the medallion is glued in place over the band.  The largest stamp from Starburst Sayings was stamped in Gumball Green and cut out using the Starburst Framelits, then mounted on a Summer Starfruit circle cut with the Circle Framelits

All items used can be purchased in my on-line store here.

Let's get creating!

No comments: