Sunday, April 20, 2014

A Watercolored Thank You

Wednesday is Administrative Professionals Day--are you ready to say thanks to that special person who keeps your office life in order?  I am!

I have two fabulous administrative assistants.  I always like to ensure they are happy, well fed, and have everything they need...because they make ME happy!  They do an excellent job maintaining my work calendar, coding bills for payment, ordering lunches for meetings, and keeping the office running smoothly.  I don't know what I'd do without them. 

So here's a special card for one (I'll show you the other one later this week):

I wanted to do a little watercoloring, and LOVE (L-O-V-E) Fabulous Florets!  So I stamped the small flower three times on Watercolor Paper, using Staz On Black ink.  I then used Aquapainters to add Crushed Curry, Strawberry Slush and Daffodil Delight to the flowers (the Daffodil one has an added layer of Crushed Curry). 
These were cut out by hand, using my Paper Snips

Gumball Green ink was used to prepare the leaves; I then misted lightly with a spray of water, and stamped on Watercolor Paper.  And stamped again without re-inking.
This was layered onto some Gumball Green and a piece of Linen Thread was wrapped around three times and tied in a bow, and the flowers were adhered using SNAIL and Dimensionals

My base is Gumball Green, with a layer of beautiful Watercolor Wonder Designer Series Paper over it.  The layer with the flowers was added on an angle.

I had to carefully stamp my sentiment, as I wanted it to be straight when I looked at the card, so I used my Stamp-a-ma-Jig...Perfection! 

I love this card, and I love my administrative assistants--I hope they have a wonderful day!



All items used can be ordered here.

And let's get creating!




No comments: