Thursday, September 15, 2016

The Wacky Watercooler Blog Hop--What We Love About the New Holiday Catalog




Yes it's time once again for another Watercooler Blog Hop, and this time we'll show our new Holiday Catalog a little love.  Whether you've hopped on here, or come from Marie's fabulous page (weren't her ideas over-the-top wonderful?), I hope you'll enjoy our creations and get some inspiration for your holiday projects.  There are nine stops on this tour; just click on the buttons below to move along.

We have been asked to prepare three items featuring our favorite products from the Holiday Catalog, and I had a hard time choosing.  So I just started creating, and ended up picking three of my creations to share with you.  I hope you like them.

Let's start with Halloween and a double Z-fold card:

Oh my what a fun time I had creating this beauty!  I love Halloween and I especially LOVE creating spooky sky images.  So this card was right up my alley...

Featuring Spooky Fun, I used almost every stamp, and then I used almost every framelit in the Halloween Scenes Edgelits Dies.  Look what happens when I open up the card:

I sponged the sky on three panels of Whisper White card stock, then added the die cut trees.

The fence was cut and added to the border, and I created my own phrase using the Labeler Alphabet stamp set.

My only problem was that my Halloween phrase was longer than my card (insert frowny face), but that didn't stop me--I just added another fold-out extension, and kept on going.  My my, I really love this card!


Let's move on to something more sedate.  I couldn't wait to play with the White Gift Boxes.  Is there anyone else like me who just can't resist a good gift box?  And these are perfect--3" x 3" x 3", and include an acetate sleeve to slide over the box; take a look:

Did I mention these are white?  Because of the "food-safe" quality, they are slightly waxy on the outside, so stamping on them would prove challenging.  But no problem for me--I just covered them with another fantastic product from the holiday catalog--Presents and Pinecones Designer Series Paper!

2-3/4" squares for all sides made these boxes so pretty.  And I added a little trim from the Flourish Thinlits dies and some Cherry Cobbler card stock.  Then I slipped on the sleeve and tied it all up with yet another wonderful new item--Candy Cane Lane Baker's Twine.  It has red metallic thread that is so sparkly!


And see that tag?  Oh my my...another favorite new thing--the Merriest Wishes stamp set with matching Merry Tags Framelits Dies.  But with a twist--this tag is supposed to have a cut out tree; instead, I saved the pieces from the cut out, and glued them together to make a tree.  Such fun!

And I topped it off with a tassel from the Tin of Tags Project Kit--just an extra piece of fun to make your packaging special!

OK, OK, now to my very favorite project--I fell in love with the Detailed Santa Thinlits Dies when I first laid eyes on them.  HAD. TO. HAVE. THEM!  But all the cards I started making with them looked similar, until...

BOOM!  I filled in the cut out face and head with Blushing Bride and Real Red pieces, and suddenly my Santa came alive!  And I put him on a Window Sheet, so you can see through to the inside of the card.

Ain't I clever?

Oh, I'm in love...

Well that's it for me.  I'll have details for each project over the next week, so be sure to pop back in starting Sunday.

And now off you go to Christine's blog, where you are sure to find more creative inspiration!  I love her work.  Thanks for stopping by!


http://mytanglewoodcottage.net/

http://wackywatercoolerstamping.blogspot.com/



http://mytanglewoodcottage.net/








12 comments:

Unknown said...

It's looks like your creative juices were really flowing when you made these three projects. Your sky in your first card is gorgeous! Love your idea of saving the cut out pieces to "build" your tree. And then there is the Santa. Yes you are clever!

libbystamps said...

love, Love, LOVE!!!!! Great projects! All very over the top! Thanks for the inspiration!

Stampin' Amigos said...

Thanks, Marie; I did have a good time with these products and projects.

Stampin' Amigos said...

Ah, Libby, thanks so much! It would be wonderful to inspire you--you always inspire me!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Priscilla I was blown away by your first project. What awesome colouration you've achieved with this card. I like how you improvised with the lettering - where there's a will there's a way. Cute little box and great idea adding the tassle. Your Santa card is simply over the top too! I love the paper piecing and the coloured sentiment. So awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Stampin' Amigos said...

Awww, thanks, Penny! I've seen what you've done, and appreciate the love, cuz your creations are always marvelous! Thanks for coming by.

Heidi Weaver said...

Oh, wow, Priscilla, I'm sure you can't be afraid of having lost your Mojo any longer. What a wonderful double Z fold card! It's so beautifully coloured and you've created such a wonderful scene that it could easily be framed and put out as a Hallowe'en decoration each year. Love it! I've overlooked those white gift boxes but you've worked magic with yours, showing me just what I'm missing. Love the tag and tassel as well. I've been very ambivalent about the Detailed Santa. I really wondered how much I could do with that but you've really made it come to life. My daughter fell in love with the bundle when she first saw it---now I can see why. Your card is fabulous. Thanks so much for sharing your creativity.

Fiona said...

Love these - my favourite has to be that fabulous Hallowe'en scene. I love your Santa too - this is a set I wasn't sure about either but it looks fab with the colouring youve done

Jan said...

Wow, Priscilla, three fabulous projects! Your Halloween scene is so detailed and I love that when your sentiment was "too long", your card grew to fit :-) Your beautiful box looks so sweet and ready for treats dressed with the lovely striped DSP and gorgeous tag. And your Santa is a standout - he really does come alive with the added colours and he is going on my wish list! TFS x

Christine said...

I love your projects. That Halloween card is spooktacular! Awesome job.
I also really like how you filled in Santa's face. I wasn't going to order this one but, well, I can find room.

Jackie said...

Priscilla, love your projects. The Santa is wonderful and I really like attaching him to a window sheet for a window into your card!

janetgallion@gmail.com said...

Love to see the back side of the santa card. Any chance???