Saturday, January 2, 2016

Sending Hugs

When I attended the Stampin' UP! On Stage Local event in San Diego last month, I won a Prize Patrol featuring a new set from the upcoming Occasions Catalog (only 3 more days until it's debut!).  Bear Hugs has matching framelits and I couldn't wait to make something to send my grandsons.  (Save by purchasing the Bear Hugs Bundle--stamp set AND framelits for 15% discount)

I stamped the bear with Chocolate Chip ink, cut it out with the framelit, turned it over and stamped it again--this gave me the "arms" that could be folded around the heart.  Totally adorbs!

The heart is popped up on THREE Dimensionals, and then the "hands" are attached to the heart with more Dimensionals.

The card base is a Whisper White Note Card, with a layer of Mossy Meadow and then a piece of some new Designer Series Paper--Birthday Bouquet is the yummiest collection of soft colors and pretty prints.

My sentiment wraps to the inside of the card...

...where two little bears are all decked out in their fancy bow ties.

Of course there's a matching envelope, cut with the Envelope Punch Board and In Color Envelope Paper.  (The Note Cards come with envelopes, but because of all the dimension of this card I had to make one that was a little bigger--thank goodness for the Punch Board!).  And the little butterflies?  To cover a mistake--somehow when I was working on the inside of my card, the card touched my Mossy Meadow ink pad!  Aargh!  Have you ever done that?  But as I always tell my stampin' friends, "It's not a mistake; it's an opportunity!"

You can get your own set of Bear Hugs starting Tuesday, January 5th.  Place orders here.


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


No comments: