Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Today's the Day!


 It's time!  Time for the new 2021-2022 Annual Catalog from Stampin' UP!  Yes, you can now place your orders!  Yippee!!!

And with the release of the new catalog, I have some samples to show you from the gorgeous new Beauty of the Earth Suite of products.  

When I first saw Beauty of Friendship, I thought "autumn".  The trees, the fabulous Beauty of the Earth patterned paper, the dies--everything about the suite made me want to create in reds, oranges, yellows and greens.  

But then...I got to looking more closely and I decided to play a little more.  And I came up with an entire year of cards, season by season.  So let's take a look:

Spring:


This card is full of promise and springy colors.  From the tree, stamped in Soft Suede and Pear Pizzazz to the lightly textured background (lightly sponged with Pear Pizzazz), I love the simplicity.  

Summer:


A row of trees (just a piece of the patterned paper) mounted on Cinnamon Cider and some more of the designer paper makes a very simple card.  I just added a few of the Sequins for Everything to add a little punch.  

Fall:


I used the large tree die for this card.  I used Blending Brushes on Very Vanilla cardstock, using the tree canopy die to create a mask for the clouds (Misty Moonlight with the Blending Brushes).  The grass is Mossy Meadow with Blending Brushes.  And then that "under canopy" of the tree.  I blended Mossy Meadow, Merry Merlot and Bumblebee inks with the Blending Brushes, and cut it with the die.  The tree was added (cut from a wood-look piece of the patterned paper) and then the outer canopy, cut with the detailed die and more of the designer paper.  Very easy, and so effective!

Winter:


A Misty Moonlight base with Basic White cut with the new Scalloped Contours dies (there are SO many sizes and edges!).  The background is another piece of the Beauty of the Earth patterned paper, and then the trees:


I stamped them with Versamark ink and heat-embossed them with White Embossing Powder.  Then I cut them with the die - easy!

So you can see how versatile this suite is.  Need masculine cards?  No problem.  Need Christmas cards?  We've got you covered!  


Beauty of Friendship and the Beauty of the Earth suite are available now!  


No comments: