Thursday, February 9, 2017

Moon Baby

Although most of my baby-card-making days are over, I still like to have a good baby stamp set.  And when I saw Moon Baby in the Occasions Catalog, I knew this was one I could have some fun with.  Look:


Isn't that precious?

While at my dentist's office the other day, I heard that my dentist has just become a grandfather.  After I left, I was in the Starbucks drive-through, and this card just popped into my head.  
Had. To. Create. It.


I started by stamping the moon-baby image with Black Archival ink.  Then I colored this little sweetie with Watercolor Pencils and a Blender Pen.  And I snipped it all out.

Using the Layering Circles framelits and my Big Shot, I cut a circle in the Soft Sky cardstock and backed it with a piece of Window Sheet.  The baby was then adhered to the cut-out area using Multipurpose Glue.

Clouds (from Weather Together) were stamped with Smoky Slate ink--some directly on the card front and some on Whisper White; these were cut using the Umbrella Weather framelits.  The stars are from the Moon Baby set, stamped in Smoky Slate on So Saffron paper and hand snipped, and I added Wink of Stella to the moon and stars.

Adhesive Foam Strips were added to the back, creating a shaker card, and the opening was filled with punched stars cut with the Confetti Stars Border Punch.

And inside:

A sweet phrase for a sweet card...awww...

Supplies used are here; click on a pic to go to my online store:

Product List

No comments: