Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Cluck, Cluck, Cluck

Confession time:
When I first saw this stamp set in the Sale-a-bration brochure, I turned the page thinking "who would ever choose that as their FREE set?"

Then I started seeing samples.  And then I held a class, showed off the brochure and heard the squeals of glee when the attendees saw this page...OK, so I ordered it that night!

And I have to admit, it's beginning to grow on me.

So what FREE set is it?

Hey, Chick!

Then I was wasting some time, wading through Facebook posts, and I came across  different type of card fold.  Decided to try it...and made this:

Now unfortunately, I can't remember WHO was showing this gatefold card with the frame cut out, and since it was on Facebook, and I'm not very social media savvy, I couldn't go back and find the post.  So if this was you, please identify yourself and let me thank you for the great tutorial!

Anyway, let's look at my card:

It's actually quite simple, save the lining up of the squares.  It's a standard 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" piece of cardstock, but it's scored at 2-1/8" from either side, allowing the opening to be in the middle.

Then I used the Layering Squares framelits dies to cut the square opening and the Melon Mambo frame.

That "chicken wire" is the oh-so-cool Hexagon Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  But instead of running the cardstock through the Big Shot, I simply ran my Smoky Slate ink pad over the inside, placed my cardstock in the folder, and pressed it together, leaving an inky chicken wire design.

And look how this opens:

There's my chickie, Helen, in all her feathery glory.  (Yes, Sue--I named her after your chicken!).  Helen was colored with the fabulous Watercolor Pencils and a Blender Pen (did you miss your chance to pick up the Watercolor Pencils before they were temporarily discontinued?  Well don't despair--they are due back in stock mid February).

And catch that label--front and back, there's a sentiment just perfect for this fun card!

Don't miss out on Hey Chick!  This Sale-a-Bration offering is FREE with a qualifying $50 purchase and won't be around for long.  Sale-a-Bration disappears on April 1 - no fooling!  So get yours today!

Supplies used (click on the pic to go to my on-line store):


Product List

No comments: