Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Expressing Thankfulness


"Thankful" is such a nice word.  It conjures up more than "thank you"; there seems to be an added sense of "heart", something deeper, when you talk about being thankful.  Do you feel that way too?

I send a lot of thank you notes at work.  We like to thank our employees for a job well done, even if it's just something small, but a gesture that made someone else feel better.  So I find myself making lots of thank you notes.

But every now and then I need more.  Someone really goes out of his or her way to make someone feel special!  And that's when I think "thankful".

So here's a card that's a bit more, something a little bigger than thank you.  One that I hope a recipient would understand how much I appreciate what they've done:


This card has a lot of layers.  The base is Early Espresso, with an off-kilter layer of Very Vanilla.  Next up is another layer of Early Espresso with Hardwood stamped on it.  (If you need help stamping these large background stamps, check out my Everyday Stampin' video here).

There's a strip of Bohemian Designer Series Paper (doesn't that look like corn on the cob?) and then a gorgeous leaf.  (Full disclosure:  you'll see acorns on this card.  Acorns come from oak trees; this leaf is a maple leaf.  There's an oak leaf in the set, but it was skinnier, and didn't look as good, so I chose the maple instead.  I apologize to all my arbor-correct friends).  The leaf, from Vintage Leaves, is stamped in Always Artichoke.  Then it is cut out with the Leaflet Framlits.   I crumpled the leave into a ball, and carefully straightened it out, then I sponged Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, and Old Olive inks all over it.

On the back of the leaf is a Dimensional; I scrunched up some Gold Cording and stuck it onto the Dimensonal, and then added the leaf to my card.

The acorns tops were stamped in Crumb Cake, and I used the Acorn Punch to punch out the acorns (Crumb Cake cardstock) and the tops, which were added with more Dimensionals.

The banner was stamped in Old Olive and cut out with the Banner Framelits.

So what do you think?  Is this a "thankful" card?

All products can be purchased here

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

bonniemon said...

This Fall Thank-You card is beautiful! I'm sure the recipient felt the luv.