Sunday, August 30, 2015

Are You Ready for the Holiday Catalog?

Just two more days and we'll be able to order from the fabulous Holiday Catalog!  As a Stampin' UP! demonstrator, I had the ability to order early, and order I did!  I've been playing with new toys, and will be showing you some stampin' goodness this week.  I'll also list out my Ten Favorite Things in case you like what I'm showing.

First up:  Gorgeous Papers!

 OK, you seriously HAVE to get online first thing Tuesday morning and get some of these GORGEOUS Red Foil Sheets!  I've long been a fan of the Gold Foil and Silver Foil, but this Red is the bomb!  So shiny and beautiful!  This stuff will fly out the door at the Stampin' UP! distribution center--get it before it's gone.

Everything on this card is new.  The base is a 4-1/4" x 11" piece of Whisper White Thick Cardstock, scored at 5-1/2" and folded in half.  Then there is a 4" x 5-1/4" layer of Real Red Envelope Paper...what's that?  Did I just say Real Red Envelope Paper?  Yes I did!  (Do you see the red envelope by my card?)  Yes, Stampin' UP! has released a companion to the wonderful In-Color and Neutrals Envelope papers, and this is just perfect for the holidays.

But I digress...After the layer of Envelope Paper is a layer of Whisper White cardstock.  This measures 3-7/8" x 5-1/8".

I added two thin strips of Holidays Fancy Foil Designer Vellum on either side.  These are only 1/4" wide x 5-1/8" but add such a shiny touch.

And now for the fun!  I used the new Delicate Ornament Thinlits Dies in two sizes to cut the ornaments.  For one I used the Gold Foil Sheets and the other is from the Red Foil.  The dies even cut the little hanging thingy on the tops of my ornaments.  Are they not gorgeous?!?

My gold one is glued flat with Two-Way Glue.  I threaded some new Gold Cording Trim through the top (it's folded over the back and glued down with a Mini Glue Dot).  The red ornament is popped up on extremely thin strips of Dimensionals.

Finally comes the "merry", cut with my Big Shot and Christmas Greetings Thinlits Dies.  No stamping at all on this card.

But if you really need to stamp, there is a matching stamp set, Embellished Ornaments.  Pop back in later this week to see what I've cooked up with that set.  So easy to create beauty when you have wonderful stamps and matching framelits!

So are you ready?  Place your order early for these gorgeous papers and dies!  Too good to miss!

All items can be ordered here on Tuesday, September 1. 


No comments: