Thursday, December 12, 2013

Simple Christmas

I'm all about simplifying this year.  Having had an extremely busy year at my "real" job, and after totally over-committing in the month of December, and (of course) procrastinating on all the things I NEED to do, it's time to simplify my Christmas cards.
While participating in a craft fair last weekend, I strolled about admiring the crafters' items, and stumbled upon another Stampin' UP demonstrator (Hi, Annabelle Lewis!).  She had a really pretty (and easy!) card for sale; I bought it and took it home to play.  Using her idea for the ornament, I added another layer and some embossing to make it mine.  What do you think?
This beautiful white-on-white card comes alive with the gorgeous Gold Foil ornament, punched from the retired Ornament Punch (which just happens to be on sale on the Clearance Rack!).  I cut a card base of Whisper White (5-1/2" x 8-1/2") and folded it in half.  Another piece of Whisper White, cut to 4" x 5-1/4", is scored on all four sides (on the BACK side) at 1/2".

The sentiment from Four the Holidays is embossed in Gold embossing powder and the layer was added with Dimensionals.

The Gold Foil ornament was run through the Big Shot with the Sophisticated Stripes embossing folder, a small bow was added, and it was popped up with Dimensionals.

Easy and done!

Now let's get creating!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very pretty! I think I am going to CASE it. I hope things get a little easier for you soon, Priscilla!

Cindy