Friday, March 27, 2015

A Happy Birthday

Well I'm trying to get back...After a nasty trip at work a month ago, resulting in a broken hand, I'm finally beginning to stamp again.  Still having some issues (two fingers are taped together on my right hand); getting even pressure on the stamps is not the easiest, but I'm happy to be playing with ink!

So here's a card that I made my son for his birthday (just before I fell).  It's not a new idea, but I loved how it came together.  I saw a similar card on Lisa Young's blog, and knew I could duplicate it for my Lego-fanatic son (who just turned 35!--where DOES the time go?).

Take a look:
Lisa says she used 1/2" circles for her card; that must have been one enormous card!  I changed it up by using the 1/4" circle punch--yes I punched each of those circles and added each of them with a snippet of Diminsional.  But it came out so cute; the effort was definitely worth it!
Once the circles were adhered, I used a Signo White Gel Pen to add just a trace of white ink to give my "legos" dimension.  And I even fooled myself!  Looking at the card made me feel like I was looking at actual Legos!
From the top you can see each raised dot.
I used the Boys Will Be Boys stamp set, which has the Lego blocks and the "best kid ever!" sentiment.  And I finished it off with a few Brights Candy Dots.

Needless to say, my son loved his card.  Hope you do too!  Won't you leave me a comment and let me know?
All items can be purchased here.

What have you created today?





No comments: