Saturday, December 9, 2017

Treat Packaging, Day 1

Do you give little treats to friends, family, office co-workers or neighbors?  I have a few ideas that I'll share with you over the next few days for inexpensive treat-gifting.

Today's an easy one:


Simply wrap a movie-size box of candy and decorate!  What could be faster?

For this box of Junior Mints (one of my favorite movie treats!), I measured the length of the box, cut a piece of Emerald Envy cardstock to that length and wrapped the box.  I punched two small holes in the front and back of one end of the cardstock so I could feed a piece of Emerald Envy Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon through; once done, I slid the box of Junior Mints inside (catching the ribbon with the bottom of the box) and tied the ribbon in a bow.  That way, when the recipient pulls the ribbon, out pops the box of candy!

Next on to the decorating:


The Whisper White cardstock is embossed with the Woodland Embossing Folder.  And ornaments from Carols of Christmas were stamped (Emerald Envy, Cherry Cobbler and Lemon Lime Twist) and cut with the coordinating Card Front Builder Dies.  I hand drew a short line for "hanging" the ornaments, then adhered them using Mini Dimensionals.


I made several of these for a local craft fair; someone is going to be very happy when these are opened!

Click on the listed supply and head to my on-line store; then make someone happy too!

Product List






No comments: